The Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Facility supports a range of applications including:
- in vivo imaging of live animals
- time-lapse live cell imaging with high-resolution optical sectioning
- deep imaging of fixed CLARITY tissues
- calcium imaging
- photo switching and photo uncaging
- Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- laser ablation
- measuring mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in live cells in real time
Complete the online application to become a user of this and other ASRC facilities.
|ZEISS LSM880 Live Cell|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$75/hr|
|ZEISS LSM880 Two Photon|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$75/hr|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$20/hr|
|CUNY User||$60/3 days, $100/7 days|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$90/3 days, $150/7 days|
|Industry Rate||$180/3 days, $300/week|
|Agilent Seahorse XFe24|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$150/plate|
|XFe24 Cell Culture Microplate #100777-004||$20/plate|
|XFe24 FluxPak Sensor Cartridge#102340-100||$80/plate|
|Leica CS2 Slide Scanner|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$60/hr|
|Staff Operation Instrument||$80/hr|
PDF invoices will be emailed to PIs on the 15th of each calendar month.
Invoices can be sent to additional personnel or separated by account on request. Please contact Dr. Ye He to adjust your invoicing instructions.
For CUNY PIs With RF CUNY Accounts
One the second page of the invoice, CUNY PI’s with RF accounts must identify the accounts you wish to take funds out of for payment. You have the opportunity to split across RF accounts if you like.
Sign and return the invoice(s) via email to email@example.com or via fax to (212) 417-8567 for the funds to be transferred.
For Other PIs
Sign and mail the invoice(s) along with check payment to:
Please read the following carefully and make sure you fully understand and agree with our policies before scheduling any use of the facility.
- All PIs must have accounts registered with the ASRC Neuroscience Initiative before the lab members use the facility.
- All the instruments must be reserved for a minimum 1 hour per session. The usage charge will be round up to an hour.
- If a single user uses microscope for more than 8 hours in one session, they will be charged at the full rate for the first 8 hours and the reduced rate of $20 for any hours over 8 hours.
- Reservation can be modified and canceled 24 hours in advance by the user. Please notify the facility director if you need to make changes within 24 hours. No shows will be charged for a 50% reserved instrument fee.
- Make sure to “enable” and “disable” the instrument in Badger for each session (except for Imaris satellite license). Failure to do this will be charged a $20 admin fee.
- The charge will be based on both the reservation and actual usage, whichever is longer.
- Users are expected to clean the microscope lens immediately after usage. Violators will be charged a $50 fine for the first time, $100 for the second time, and banned from usage after the third time.
Facilities, Equipment List and Budget Estimation for your grant applications using Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Core.
Carl Zeiss Microscopy Online Campus for everything related to Zeiss microscopes.
Molecular Probes School of Fluorescence for basic information on fluorescence and imaging plus sample preparation tips and protocols.
iBiology Microscopy Course for online video lectures on microscopy technologies.
Imaris Learning Center for tutorial videos on basic and advanced applications using Imaris.
Agilent Seahorse Cell Reference Database for publications relevant to your research area and methods relevant to your cell of interest.
Agilent Seahorse Advanced Procedures for applications, protocols and tips to tailor the experiment for your specific research using XF cell analyzer.