The Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Facility supports a range of applications including:
- in vivo imaging of live animals
- time-lapse live cell imaging with high-resolution optical sectioning
- deep imaging of fixed CLARITY tissues
- calcium imaging
- photo switching and photo uncaging
- Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- laser ablation
- measuring mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in live cells in real time
Complete the online application to become a user of this and other ASRC facilities.
Agilent Seahorse XFe24 Analyzer ›The cutting-edge Agilent Seahorse XFe24 Analyzer is capable of measuring the oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR) of live cells in a multi-well plate to interrogate key cellular functions such as mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis.
Bitplane Imaris ›Bitplane Imaris is a world’s leading interactive 3/4D image visualization and analysis software. The Full Spectrum package includes two full collections of Imaris image analysis and visualization modules as well as deconvolution software AutoQuant and 3D alignment and reconstruction tool Voloom.
Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan Fast Live Cell ›The Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan Fast Live Cell is a unique confocal that provides high resolution, sensitivity and speed that enables gentle live cell imaging with super resolution.
Zeiss LSM 880 NLO Two Photon ›The state of the art Zeiss LSM 880 NLO upright two photon confocal microscope is equipped with tunable Spectra Physics Mai Tai HP DeepSee laser (690-1040 nm) in addition to 6 visible spectrum laser lines (405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 633nm).
|ZEISS LSM880 Live Cell|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$75/hr|
|ZEISS LSM880 Two Photon|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$75/hr|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$20/hr|
|CUNY User||$60/3 days, $100/7 days|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$90/3 days, $150/7 days|
|Industry Rate||$180/3 days, $300/week|
|Agilent Seahorse XFe24|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$150/plate|
|XFe24 Cell Culture Microplate #100777-004||$20/plate|
|XFe24 FluxPak Sensor Cartridge#102340-100||$80/plate|
|Leica CS2 Slide Scanner|
|Non-CUNY Academic User||$60/hr|
|Staff Operation Instrument||$80/hr|
PDF invoices will be emailed to PIs on the 15th of each calendar month.
Invoices can be sent to additional personnel or separated by account on request. Please contact Dr. Ye He to adjust your invoicing instructions.
For CUNY PIs With RF CUNY Accounts
One the second page of the invoice, CUNY PI’s with RF accounts must identify the accounts you wish to take funds out of for payment. You have the opportunity to split across RF accounts if you like.
Sign and return the invoice(s) via email to email@example.com or via fax to (212) 417-8567 for the funds to be transferred.
For Other PIs
Sign and mail the invoice(s) along with check payment to:
PI’s can utilize Badger to view accumulated charges at any time. Review the Badger Instructions for PIs for more information on accessing this information.
Please contact Dr. Ye He with any questions regarding billing.
Please read the following carefully and make sure you fully understand and agree with our policies before scheduling any use of the facility.
- All PIs must have accounts registered with the ASRC Neuroscience Initiative before the lab members use the facility.
- All the instruments must be reserved for a minimum 1 hour per session. The usage charge will be round up to an hour.
- If a single user uses microscope for more than 8 hours in one session, they will be charged at the full rate for the first 8 hours and the reduced rate of $20 for any hours over 8 hours.
- Reservation can be modified and canceled 24 hours in advance by the user. Please notify the facility director if you need to make changes within 24 hours. No shows will be charged for a 50% reserved instrument fee.
- Make sure to “enable” and “disable” the instrument in Badger for each session (except for Imaris satellite license). Failure to do this will be charged a $20 admin fee.
- The charge will be based on both the reservation and actual usage, whichever is longer.
- Users are expected to clean the microscope lens immediately after usage. Violators will be charged a $50 fine for the first time, $100 for the second time, and banned from usage after the third time.
Facilities, Equipment List and Budget Estimation for your grant applications using Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Core.
Carl Zeiss Microscopy Online Campus for everything related to Zeiss microscopes.
Molecular Probes School of Fluorescence for basic information on fluorescence and imaging plus sample preparation tips and protocols.
iBiology Microscopy Course for online video lectures on microscopy technologies.
Imaris Learning Center for tutorial videos on basic and advanced applications using Imaris.
Basic Procedures to Run a Seahorse XFe24 Assay
Agilent Seahorse Cell Reference Database for publications relevant to your research area and methods relevant to your cell of interest.
Agilent Seahorse Advanced Procedures for applications, protocols and tips to tailor the experiment for your specific research using XF cell analyzer.
For more information, please contact:
Ye He, Ph.D.
- Director, Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Facility
- Co-Director, MALDI-TOF MS Imaging Facility
- Research Associate Professor, Neuroscience Initiative