The state of the art Zeiss LSM 880 NLO upright two photon confocal microscope is equipped with tunable Spectra Physics Mai Tai HP DeepSee laser (690-1040 nm) in addition to 6 visible spectrum laser lines (405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 633nm). The multiphoton/two-photon lasers (MP, a category of nonlinear optics, NLO) allow for deeper imaging of fixed tissues or live animals. The Airyscan module offers a superior signal to noise ratio compared to a normal confocal, and combined Fast Airyscan Module delivers high speed comparable to spinning disc confocal. This microscope also includes a special 20x Clarity objective with 5.6mm working distance specifically for imaging transparent specimens such as CLARITY treated tissues.
- Airyscan to achieve 1.7x resolution (140nm XY, 400nm Z) and 4-8x sensitivity
- FAST model for 4x speed up to 100fps
- Mai Tai DeepSee 2 photon for deep tissue imaging
- Axio Observer upright platform with motorized XYZ stage
- Clarity 20X objective with 5.6mm working distance
- Zen Black software with the modules of Z stacks, timelapse, tiling, multi position, co localization, FRAP, super resolution, deconvoltuion, 3D processing.
- Argon: 458, 488, 514 nm
- Diode: 405 nm.
- DPSS: 561 nm
- HeNe: 633 nm.
- Mai Tai DeepSee Tunable Laser: 690-1040 nm.
- Plan Apo 10x/0.45 NA WD=2.0mm
- Plan Apo 20x/1.0 NA water WD=2.3mm
- Plan Apo 40x/1.0 NA Water WD=2.5mm
- Clarity Plan Neofluar 20x/1.0 NA WD=5.6 mm
- 2 PMT’s
- 1 GaAsP (2x sensitivity)
- 1 Airyscan super resolution detector
- 1 Transmitted light detector
- 2 Channel GaAsP detector for 2 Photon
- Super resolution confocal deep imaging of fixed tissues or live samples
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy (FCS)
- Capturing fast events such as Ca2+ imaging