The Photonics Core Facility offers several lasers, light sources, measurement instruments as well as optical and mechanical hardware to support photonics research. A laboratory support room is available with mechanical tools, allowing users to rapidly create experimental setups. The facility also maintains several photonics-related software packages for computational work.
Complete the online application to become a user of this and other ASRC facilities.
Instruments in the Photonics facility include:
- Coherent Mira Hp-f V18 High Power Titanium: Sapphire Tunable Ultrafast Femtosecond Laser, powered by 18w Verdi-g Semiconductor Laser
- Coherent Harmonic Generator for Mira Hp (Second And Third Harmonics)
- Horiba Scientific Ihr550 Imaging Spectrometer
- J.A. Woollam IR-vase Ellipsometer
- NKT Photonics Supercontinuum System
- Angular Resolved Transmission/Reflection System
- Workstations and Numerical Software
Rates are charged per hour or per day (10 hours) based on user type. Daily rates represent a 30% discount on the total 10 hour cost.
If a user reserves a place on the optical table for further experiments, the rate plan automatically switches to the rate per day.
|Internal Rate||External Rate
|Coherent fs-laser system||$10||$70||$20||$140||$40||$280||$60||$420|
For more information, please contact:
Diana Strickland, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, Photonics Initiative
- Assistant Professor, Photonics Laboratory Facility Director