City College of New York (Profile)
Applications of nanomaterials and nanocomposites to cleantechnology, energy storage and power conversion. Capacitors and gate dielectrics. Nanomaterials synthesis, properties and structural characterization. Electronic devices from nanomaterials. Device performance and testing. Chemical deposition techniques and self-assembly. Printing and spin coated films. Two dimensional nanomaterials and electronics, graphene, boron nitride. Nanoparticle synthesis and self-assembly into superlattices. Transition metal oxide nanomaterials, high k dielectrics/memory materials. Titanates and garnets at the nanoscale, multi-ferroics, magneto-optical materials, photonic materials, metamaterials. Catalysis and nanomaterials, carbon nanotubes. Biological applications of nanoparticles/nanotubes.
- 1998 – Current: Associate Professor, City College of New York
- 1998 – Current: Principal Investigator, CUNY Energy Institute
- 1998 – Current: Chair, Nanotechnology and Materials, The Graduate Center, CUNY
- 1998 – Current: Doctoral Faculty, Grove School of Engineering, City College of New York
- 1993 – 1998: D. Phil, Oxford University, UK