The Jang group conducts theoretical and computational research on energy and charge transfer dynamics in nanoscale molecular and biological systems. The major focus is on quantitative understanding and description of dynamical quantum effects. The range of research includes theory development, large scale computation, modeling of complex spectroscopic data, and development of coarse-grained models. Major issues addressed in the research have significant implications for energy conversion and storage, sensing, and biological imaging.
- 2018 – Current: Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Queens College
- 2012 – Current: Professor of Chemistry, Queens College
- 2010 – 2012: Associate Professor, Queens College
- 2005 – 2009: Assistant Professor, Queens College
- 2003 – 2005: Goldhaber Fellow, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- 1999 – 2002: Postdoctoral Research Associate, MIT
- 1994 – 1999: Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania