The Ulijn group are interested in the development of materials and systems that mimic biology’s adaptive properties but are much simpler. These materials (including gels, emulsions, structured surfaces and nanotubes) have potential applications in health care, cosmetics, lifestyle products, food science. These applications are sought in active collaboration with researchers and companies across the globe. The approach is cross-disciplinary and covers the entire range from fundamental understanding to eventual applications and societal benefit.
- 2014 – Current: Director of the Nanoscience Initiative, ASRC
- 2008 – 2014: Professor of Nanochemistry, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- 2003 – 2008: Associate Professor, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- 2001 – 2003: Post-doctoral Research Associate, University of Edinburgh, EdinburghUK
- 1998 – 2001: Ph.D., University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- 1992 – 1998: M.Sc., Wageningen University, Netherlands