- Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, The City College of New York
- Affiliate Faculty, Nanoscience Initiative
City College of New York (Profile)
The Tu group are interested in mimicking biomolecular self-assembly using a set of rationally designed peptide-based building blocks. These peptides combine elements that direct assembly with elements responsible for natural-binding interactions into a hybrid molecule. The design and application of such ‘bottom-up’ assemblies requires precision synthesis, predictive folding algorithms, and accurate characterization of self-assembly.
- 2013 – Current: Associate Professor, City College of New York
- 2006 – 2013: Assistant Professor, City College of New York
- 2001 – 2003: Postdoctoral Research Associate, GaTech
- 1998 – 2001: Ph.D., UC, Santa Barbara
- 1992 – 1998: B.S., Unversity of Florida
Y. Jung, S.S. Golru, T.-D. Li, E.J. Biddinger, R.S. Tu, and X. Chen, Tuning water-responsiveness with Bombyx mori silk-silica nanoparticle composites, Soft Matter, 2021, 17, 7817-7821.