- Professor of Physics, Queens College
- Affiliate Faculty, Nanoscience Initiative
Queens College (Profile)
Dr. Deych’s theoretical research addresses the interaction between optical waves propagating in micro- and nano-structured media such as optical microcavities, photonic crystals, semiconductor heterostructures. In particular, he is interested in optical whispering gallery modes of spherical resonators due to adsorption to the resonator’s surface of nano-particle with application for biosensing. His other research deals with unusual properties of the mechanical force exerted on nanosized objects by light confined within an optical resonator with degenerate spectrum. Additionally, he studies polaritons – excitations arising as a result of coupling between light and excitons – propagating in photonic crystals and planar cavities as well as lasing in complex media.
- 2010 – Current: Professor of Physics, Queens College
- 2007 – 2010: Associate Professor, Queens College
- 1983 – 1987: Ph.D., Kirensky Institute of Physics, Krasnoyarsk, Russia