Jean-Philippe Berteau received both his Masters and Ph.D. in Biomechanics from Aix-Marseille University in Marseilles (France) and has a Bachelor in Physical Therapy from the University of Montpellier (France). Dr. Berteau completed his junior Postdoc (Marie Curie Fellowship) at the Institute of Biomechanics, Hamburg University of Technology, Hamburg, Germany. Prior to joining CUNY, he worked as a senior Postdoc at the department of Mechanical Engineering at Northeastern University.
College of Staten Island (Profile)
Dr. Berteau is a Biomechanician working on bone tissue with experience in experimental and computational research from molecular to the organism. His mission is to provide a new understanding of bone mechanical behavior via multiscale approaches. In particular, he aim to decipher the genetic control of the bone self-assembly process. To do so, he investigates the role of micro-RNA and transcription factors in the mineralization pathway by using cell’s culture and bones from human, mammals and fish model during growth. His vision is to advance bone research by leading a team which combines the skills of biomedical engineers, biologists, and mathematicians in an inclusive research environment.
- 2018 – Current: Affiliated Faculty, Nanoscience Initiative, Advanced Science Research Center
- 2016 – Current: New York Center for Biomedical Engineering Affiliated Faculty, Department of Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York, New York, NY
- 2014 – Current: Assistant Professor, School of Health Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy, College of Staten Island, New York, NY
- 2013 – 2014: Post Doc, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- 2012 – 2013: Post Doc distinguished as Young European Investigator, Marie Curie ITN Action, Research center on Regeneration, Implants, Medical Technology, University of Technology Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- 2009 – 2012: Graduate Teaching Assistant, National Center for Scientific Research, Aix-Marseille University, Marseilles, France
- 2008 – 2011: Ph.D. Candidate in Biomechanics, Aix-Marseille University, Marseilles, France
- 2006 – 2008: M.S. Biomechanics, Aix-Marseille University, Marseilles, France
- 2002 – 2008: Scientific Practitioner in Rehabilitation, University of Bordeaux and Private Practice, Bordeaux, France
- 1998 – 2002: B.S. Physical Therapy, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France