Professor Gustavo Lopez is interested in developing computational techniques to describe various systems in computational phase. Specifically, quantum and classical Monte Carlo techniques are applied to describe nanostructured systems, molecular hydrogen adsorbed on surface or trapped in fullerenes, and quantum liquids. Additionally, ab-initio techniques are used to describe molecular wires formed in helical peptides, metal oxides, and semiconductors.
- 2010 – Current: Professor, Lehman College, CUNY
- 1994 – 2010: Professor, UPR-Mayaguez
- 1993 – 1994: Assistant Professor, IU-PR
- 1992 – 1994: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Rhode Island
- 1986 – 1992: Ph.D., UMASS-Amherst