Venue Rental Policies
Applicants are responsible for:
- Restoring the event space to its original state at the end of each function (Gathering all personal banners, posters, guest belongings, etc.). Note: Custodial staff will only be assigned if catering is required.
- Arranging catering, managing in-person setup, and removing leftovers
- Communicating with attendees, presenters and speakers
- Recruiting volunteers for logistical event support beyond initial set-up. The ASRC can provide additional audio-visual support if necessary though fees may be assessed.
- Preparing name badges
- Acquiring special signage
Non-CUNY applicants must submit proof of insurance.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverages are prohibited in the ASRC auditorium. Fees will be assessed if guests fail to enforce this rule.
Event Planning Procedures and Best Practices
Request equipment/resources early
Indicate on the ASRC Venue Request Form which resources you may need for your event set up, including: tables, chairs, basic signage, white boards & markers, power cords, easels, etc. ASRC event staff cannot accommodate last minute request. Note: Please do not remove items from other spaces, even if they look unused.
Submit an agenda and guest list
Submit a finalized agenda and preliminary guest list at least one week before your event to email@example.com or a dedicated ASRC event coordinator. Final guest lists may be submitted up to 24 hours before your event.
Be aware that the events team schedules staffing according to your finalized agenda. Every change to the agenda has implications for the events team. Please keep us informed of any changes/updates ASAP.
As you near the event day, please consider:
- Has a complete participant list, including speakers, caterers etc., been sent to the ASRC Event Team?
- Have speaker presentations been collected in advance and saved in multiple locations? If a conference or symposium, the presentations should be saved in the order they will take place.
- If Zoom is being used, has your team assigned someone to monitor the chat, start the Zoom meeting and perform all host duties during the event?
- If ASRC poster boards are being used, does the ASRC Event team have the final count to know how many boards must be out?
- Have caterers been given clear directions, and the ASRC Event Team’s contact info, to access the loading dock?
- Have event participants been given clear directions for parking, with a guide to the ASRC?
Please fill out this form to request space at the ASRC. Include the date, time, sponsoring organization, location(s) requested, and brief description of the event or meeting. All event requests are subject to internal review. Priority is given to events that align with the ASRC’s mission and goals.
The ASRC requires all guests to meet minimum insurance requirements. Please click here for more information.
The ASRC is a secure building. A complete list of attendees must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the event.
Public parking is unavailable on campus. Please see our Visitor Information page for a list of public parking lots near the ASRC.
The ASRC has several preferred vendors to meet your catering needs. Vendor contact information is available upon request. Please note that food and beverages are prohibited in the Auditorium. Fees will be assessed if guests fail to enforce this rule.
The Auditorium, Data Visualization Room, Seminar Room and Conference Rooms are equipped with large monitors or projectors and screens with VGA and HDMI connectors. Laptop computers, adaptors, and mics are available upon request.