- Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York
- Affiliate Faculty, Nanoscience Initiative
Sihong Wang, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York (Profile)
Research focuses of the Wang group are (1) the development of 3D microfluidic cell and tissue culture platforms for efficient drug discovery/screening and precision cancer therapies, (2) thermal regulation of stem cell proliferation and differentiation in tissue engineering, and (3) biomedical applications of nanodiamonds. These translational research projects are conducted collaboratively with physicians, cancer biologists, physicists, and material scientists as well as biotech companies.
- 2014 – Current: Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York
- 2007 – 2014: Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York
- 2003 – 2006: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Harvard Medical School, MA
- 1997 – 2003: Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, TX
C. Li, K. Sunderic, S.B. Nicoll, S. Wang, Downregulation of HSP70 Impairs Osteogenic and Chondrogenic Differentiation in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Scientific Reports, 2018, DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-18541-1.
M.P. Carreras and S. Wang, Multifunctional Microfluidic Platform for Generation, Trapping and Release of Droplets in a Double Laminar Flow, Journal of Biotechnology, 2017, 251, 106-111.