- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, York College
- Affiliate Faculty, Nanoscience Initiative
Daniele Musumeci, Ph.D.
York College (Profile)
The research in the laboratory of Daniele Musumeci centers around the investigation of crystallization processes of pharmaceutical compounds from solution and from the amorphous state.
Current research is focused on the investigation of the effect of additives on the crystallization of pharmaceutical drugs by using X-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy and turbidimetry.
- 2013 – Current: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, York College
- 2015 – Current: Science Advisor, Food & Drug Administration, Jamaica, NY
- 2011 – 2013: Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin
- 2009 – 2011: Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Chemistry, New York University
- 2006 – 2009: Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK
- 2005 – 2006: Regulatory Affairs Officer, Wyeth, Catania, Italy
Surface transport mechanisms in molecular glasses probed by the exposure of nano-particles