- Principal Investigator, Simons Collaboration
- Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, City College of New York
- 2016 – Current: Associate Professor of Physics, The City College of New York
- 2013 – 2016: Assistant Professor of Physics, Queens College
- 2010 – 2013: Research Scientist, University of Texas, Austin
- 2008 – 2010: Research Fellow, University of Texas, Austin
- 2003 – 2008: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
- 1998 – 2002: Ph.D., Moscow State University, Russia
A. Slobozhanyuk, A. V. Shchelokova, X. Ni, S. H. Mousavi, D. A. Smirnova, P. A. Belov, A. Alù, Y. S. Kivshar, and A. B. Khanikaev. Near-Field Imaging of Spin-Locked Edge States in an All-Dielectric Topological Metasurfaces. Applied Physics Letters, 2019, 114, 3, 031103. (arxiv)
S. Peng, N. J. Schilder, X. Ni, J. van de Groep, M. L. Brongersma, A. Alù, A. Khanikaev, H. A. Atwater, and A. Polman. Probing the Band Structure of Topological Silicon Photonic Lattices in the Visible Spectrum. Physical Review Letters, 2019, 122, No. 11, 117401.
Li, X. Ni, M. Weiner, A. Alù, and A. B. Khanikaev. Topological Phases and Nonreciprocal Edge States in Non-Hermitian Floquet Insulators. Physical Review B, 2019, Vol. 100, No. 4, 045423 (arxiv)
M. Weiner, X. Ni, M. Li, A. Alù, and A. Khanikaev. Demonstration of a Third Order Hierarchy of Higher-Order Topological States in a Three-Dimensional Acoustic Metamaterial. under review, since January 2019. (arxiv)
A. Gorlach, X. Ni, D. A. Smirnova, D. Korobkin, D. Zhirihin, A. P. Slobozhanyuk, P. A. Belov, A. Alù, and A. B. Khanikaev. Far-Field Probing of Topological States in All-Dielectric Metasurfaces. Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 9090. (SharedIt, arxiv)
Y. Hadad, A. Khanikaev, and A. Alù. Self-Induced Topological Protection in Nonlinear Circuit Arrays. Nature Electronics, 2018, 1, 178-182.
A. Christofi, Y. Kawaguchi, A. Alù, and A. Khanikaev. Giant Enhancement of Faraday Rotation Due to Electromagnetically Induced Transparency in All-Dielectric Magneto-Optical Metasurfaces. Optics Letters, 2018, 43, 8, 1838-1841.
X. Ni, D. Purtseladze, D. A. Smirnova, A. Slobozhanyuk, A. Alù, and A. B. Khanikaev. Spin and Valley Polarized One-Way Klein Tunneling in Photonic Topological Insulators. Science Advances, 2018, 4, 5, 8802. (arxiv)