The Scurry Mouse Misstep Wheel is a variation on the standard voluntary running wheel where individual rungs may be removed to create a complex wheel or rung configuration. The complex wheel has been used to introduce the running wheel based Motor Skill Sequence (MOSS) in mice. This method has been used in the subchronic MPTP mouse model of Parkinson’s disease. It has also been employed to display behavioral deficits of corpus callosum remyelination and demyelination in mouse mode of multiple sclerosis.
- Each of 38 rungs, 0.188″ (4.8mm) diameter, is removable as needed to create the desired pattern
- Uses 9.3″ x 13.9″ x 7.7″ clear polycarbonate cage
- Stainless steel top cover lays flush onto polycarbonate cage
- All components are secured to top cover for one step removal
- Feeder and water bottle are attached to top cover allowing for easy access.
- Removable lightweight 5″ diameter anodized aluminum wheel is easy to clean and maintain and is virtually friction free running on two Rulon bearings