This event will feature a number of undergraduate summer research programs which place students with mentors at the CUNY ASRC and other local institutions. Many programs offer stipends and other support packages.
Participants will also have the opportunity to meet with a representative from The Graduate Center’s Office of Admissions, tour ASRC labs, mingle with faculty, and visit our IlluminationSpace visitor center.
2 p.m. – Introduction
Annette “Nina” Gray, PhD
Associate Dean for the Sciences, The Graduate Center
Executive Director, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center
2:05 p.m. – Program Presentations
- CUNY Summer Undergraduate Program (CSURP)
- Materials Research Center Research Experience for Undergraduates Program (MRSEC REU) and Nano-NY
- Research Experience for Undergraduates program in Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biodesign (B3-REU)
- CREST Center for Interface Design and Engineered Assembly of Low Dimensional Systems Research Experience for Undergraduates (CREST IDEALS REU)
- The Graduate Center Office of Admissions
3:00 p.m. – Meet & Greet and ASRC Tours
Meet with program representatives, tour ASRC labs, and mingle with faculty and students. Refreshments will be served.