STEM research careers can be super dynamic endeavors that involve everything from lab and field research to advocacy, public outreach and publishing. Join us on Friday, March 25th at 2 p.m. for a Communicating Your Science session with three CUNY STEM faculty members who also serve as editors for top research journals. Our panelists will share their insight on:
- Preparing for and seeking out opportunities to serve as research journal editors
- Understanding the research their respective journals are seeking and what to expect during the acceptance/editing process.
Our guests will be:
- Earth & Environmental Science Prof. Jeff Bird (GC/QC), associate editor, Soil Science Society of America Journal; editorial board member, Biogeochemistry
- Psychology Prof. Tracey Revenson (GC/Hunter), editor-in-chief, Annals of Behavioral Medicine
- Physics/Photonics Prof. Andrea Alù (GC/ASRC) – editor-in-chief, Optical Materials Express
There will be opportunity for Q&A.
Register for this event.
Check out the new Graduate Center Science Communications Academy webpage, where you can learn about our events and access science communications training tools.