Hello ASRC Community,
This year we’ve had the amazing opportunity to host over 90 high school and undergraduate summer students conducting research with mentors at the ASRC. Below are a number of events that will be taking place to celebrate and present the work of the students and the rest of the ASRC community. All are welcome to join and we looking forward to seeing you!
Wednesday Aug 9th
10am -12:30pm Velay Scholars Symposium @ ASRC Auditorium
- Nine of our scholars will give a presentation about the work they have conducted all summer under the guidance of their mentors. Come and show support!
- Breakfast/Brunch provided
- Please register HERE
- to view the full program: Velay Program Schedule 2023
Thursday Aug 10th
10am – 1pm Summer Student Poster Session @ CCNY Great Hall (please register by 8/4!)
- ASRC & CCNY programs have combined to participate
- Students & Mentors can register their posters here (your abstract can just be a simple summary/sentences about your work)
- Attendees can register here
- Lunch Served
- to view the full program: CCNY Summer 2023 Poster Session
2:30 – 5 ASRC End of Summer Social @ASRC Terrace (same day following poster sessions, flyer attached)
- Food, games, karaoke!
Friday Aug 11th
10am-1:30pm Science for Ukraine Poster Session @ASRC Auditorium & Cafe
Everyone is invited to all events, please register accordingly.
If any students need support with their posters there are some resources and templates here: the discord. Posters should be 3’ high x 4’ wide. We do not currently have a poster printer @ASRC but you can go to the FedEx store. Email (email@example.com) if you have any other questions about the poster session or more.