The CUNY ASRC’s Structural Biology Initiative Facilities are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. The SBI Facility staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with SBI Facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research. Please finish the following steps to become a user of the CUNY ASRC Biomolecular NMR Facility.
- Read and sign CUNY ASRC Equipment Use Agreement. Turn in a signed copy to Diane Beckford at Diane.Beckford@asrc.cuny.edu or in person at ASRC room 3.320.
- Read and sign the below appropriate user policy document:
- Fill out the CUNY ASRC Structural Biology Initiative Facilities New User Form online. Information needed:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
- PI must fill in and sign CUNY ASRC Structural Biology Initiative Facilities Account Registration and Agreement. Turn in a signed copy to Diane Beckford at Diane.Beckford@asrc.cuny.edu or in person at ASRC room 3.320. A full list of instrument rates can be found here for the NMR Facility.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account.
- Note: This step may be omitted if Users already have Badger accounts.
- User must complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class.
- Please visit our events listings for the next General Lab Safety Class offering.
- Schedule individual equipment training with Facility Director.
ID Cards: After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for an ID making session. Sessions are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11AM and 3PM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend. Online registration can be found here: ID Sign-Up. ASRC access cards will be issued to users for a duration up to one year, and are renewable.
Note: A $15 one-time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.