The Structural Biology Facilities at the Advanced Science Research Center (CUNY ASRC) are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. Facility staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research.
Please follow the procedures below to become a facility user. Submit all completed and signed forms to Melissa Kushner Vacca at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at ASRC room 3.320.
- Read and sign the appropriate facility use agreement below
- If you are requesting access to the NMR Spectroscopy Facility, sign the user policy document.
- Fill out the online User Application Form. Information needed:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
- PI must complete and sign the Account Registration and Agreement Form. Check your desired facility page for information about available instruments and instrument rates.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account. (Note: This step may be omitted if users already have Badger accounts.)
- User must complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class.
- Please visit our events listings for the next General Lab Safety Class offering.
- Schedule individual equipment training with Facility Director.
After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for an ID making session. Sessions are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11AM and 3PM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend.
Access cards will be issued to users for a duration up to one year, and are renewable.
Note: A $15 one-time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.