- Professor, The City College of New York
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York (Profile)
Prof. Marom Bikson’s research group studies the effects of electricity on the human body and applies this knowledge toward the development of medical devices and electrical safety guidelines. Specific areas of research include:
1) Medical devices including biosensors, drug delivery technology, and electrotherapy devices for neurological disorders.
2) Medical device safety including electrical hazards, electroporation, heating damage, and safe stimulation protocols.
3) Electrical safety, electric shock hazards, and accidental electrocution.
4) Understanding the neuronal networks underlying normal brain function, including the role of endogenous electric fields.
5) Developing new treatments for neurological diseases including epilepsy and depression, through translational research.