Queens College (Profile)
Harry Gafney’s research expertise includes: photochemistry of inorganic complexes in homogeneous solution and adsorbed onto nanoporous, transparent, silica matrices, photoinduced electron transfer, excited-state acid-base chemistry, self-assembly in solution, assembly of multi-component sites in nanoporous silicas, synthesis and characterization of sol-gel derived glasses, photodeposition of integrated optics, metal oxide synthesis in nanoporous silica matrices, optical and magnetic properties of metal and metal oxide aggregates in glass.
- 1981 – Current: Professor of Chemistry, Queens College
- 2006 – 2008: Director, CUNY Center of Advanced Techology
- 1997 – 1998: Program Officer, NSF
- 1994 – 1997: Department of Chemistry Chair, Queens College
- 1980 – Consultant: Corning, Dow Chemical, American Cyanamid, Fiber Optics Fabrication