Dr. He received her Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics, Microbiology & Immunology from the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey and Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, where she studied developmental myelination regulated by transcription factor YY1. She continued her postdoctoral training in Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York where her research focused on the transcriptional and epigenetic control of peripheral myelination. She joined ASRC from the University of California, San Francisco Department of Physiology, where she was an HHMI Research Associate working with Dr.Yuh Nung Jan to investigate the function of ion channels in gentle touch mechano-sensation and brain tumors.
As the Manager of the Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Facility, she will work with researchers to study dynamic changes at the cellular level in live cells and in intact organisms using two photon microscopy and live cell Airyscan super-resolution microscopy.
- Huang X*, He Y*, Dubuc AM*, Hashizume R, Zhang W, Reimand J, Yang H, Wang TA, Stehbens S, Younger S, Barshow S, Zhu S, Cooper MK, Peacock J, Ramaswamy V, Garzia L, Wu X, Remke M, Forester CM, Kim CC, Weiss WA, James CD, Shuman MA, Bader GD, Mueller S, Taylor MD, Jan YN, Jan LY. (2015) EAG2 potassium channel with evolutionarily conserved function as a brain tumor target. Nature Neuroscience 18,1236–1246.
- Yan Z, Zhang W, He Y, Gorczyca D, Xiang Y, Cheng LE, Meltzer S, Jan LY, Jan YN. (2013) Drosophila NOMPC is a mechanotransduction channel subunit for gentle-touch sensation. Nature 493, 221-225.
- Huang X, Dubuc AM, Hashizume R, Berg J, He Y, Wang J, Chiang C, Cooper MK, Northcott PA, Taylor MD, Barnes MJ, Tihan T, Chen J, Weiss WA, James D, Rowitch DH, Shuman MA, Jan YN, and Jan LY (2012) Voltage-gated potassium channel EAG2 controls mitotic entry and tumor growth in medulloblastoma via regulating cell volume dynamics. Genes & Development 26(16):1780-96.
- Lee HY, Ge WP, Huang W, He Y, Wang G, Rowson-Baldwin A, Smith SJ, Jan YN, Jan LY. (2011) Bidirectional Regulation of Dendritic Voltage-gated Potassium Channels by the Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein. Neuron 72, 630-642.
- He Y, Kim J, Dupree J, Tewari A, Melendez-Vasquez C, Svaren J, Casaccia P. (2010) Yy1 as a molecular link between neuregulin and transcriptional modulation of peripheral myelination. Nature Neuroscience 13(12), 1472-80.
- Kim J, Shen S, Dietz K, He Y, Howell Q, Reynolds R, Casaccia P. (2010) Nuclear export of HDAC1 is induced by pathological conditions and is essential for the onset of axonal damage. Nature Neuroscience 13(2), 180-9
- Li H, He Y, Richardson WD, and Casaccia P. (2009). Two-tier transcriptional control of oligodendrocyte differentiation. Current Opinion in Neurobiology 19, 479-485.
- He Y*, Casaccia-Bonnefil P*. (2008) The Yin Yang of YY1 in the Nervous System. Journal of Neurochemistry 106, 1493-1502.
- He Y, Sandoval J, Casaccia-Bonnefil P. (2007). Events at the transition between cell cycle exit and oligodendrocyte progenitor differentiation:The role of HDAC and YY1. Neuron Glia Biology 3 (3) 221-231.
- He Y, Dupree J, Wang J, Sandoval J, Li J, Liu H, Shi Y, Nave KA, and Casaccia-Bonnefil P. (2007). The transcription factor Yin Yang 1 is essential for oligodendrocyte progenitor differentiation. Neuron 55, 217-230.
- Marin-Husstege M*, He Y*, Li J, Kondo T, Sablitzky F, and Casaccia-Bonnefil P. (2006). Multiple roles of Id4 in developmental myelination: predicted outcomes and unexpected findings. Glia 54, 285-296.
- 2016 – Current : Live Imaging and Bioenergetics Facility Director, CUNY GC ASRC
- 2010 – 2012 : HHMI Research Associate, UCSF, CA
- 2008 – 2010 : Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, NY
- 2003 – 2008 : PhD Candidate, UMDNJ & Rutgers University, NJ