The Neuroscience Facilities at the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. Facilities staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research.
Please follow the procedures below to become a facility user. Submit all completed and signed forms to Kevin Wang at Kevin.Wang@gc.cuny.edu or in person at ASRC room 4.325A.
- PI: Complete and sign the Account Registration and Agreement Form. Check your desired facility page for information about available instruments and instrument rates.
- USER AND PI: Read and sign the appropriate facility use agreement below:
- USER AND PI: Read and sign the user policy document for the facility you are requesting:
- USER: Fill out the online New User Application Form. Information needed:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
- USER: install Badger LMS and register for a new account. (Note: This step may be omitted if users already have Badger accounts.)
- USER must complete ASRC General Lab Safety Class.
- Note: This step may be omitted if users have completed general lab safety training at your respective institutes and are able to provide written proofs from the institutions.
- Please visit our events listings for the next General Lab Safety Class offering.
- Schedule individual equipment training with Facility staff.
After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can request an ASRC ID. Please contact Kevin Wang at Kevin.Wang@gc.cuny.edu for information on how to get an ASRC ID.
Note: A $15 one time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.