The Nanoscience Facilities at the Advanced Science Research Center (CUNY ASRC) are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. Facilities staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research.
Please follow the procedures below to become a facility user. Submit completed and signed forms to Celeste Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at ASRC room G.344.
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
Principle Investigator (PI) must fill in and sign Account Registration and Agreement Form.
Note: The account needed here must be a chargeable account that belongs to Principle Investigator at his/her respective institutes.
Install Badger LMS and apply for a new member in Badger LMS. Note: This step may be omitted if users already have Badger accounts.
We will receive your new Badger member application once you finish step 5. However, at this point your Badger member is not activated yet. Next, we collect all forms in the first four steps. Your Badger member is activated once we have all forms in our record. You are able to log in Badger to check instruments and reservation calendars but not able to perform any actions at this point. Missing any item in the first five steps leads to delayed activation of your Badger membership. Last, please contact facility staff for qualification of individual instrument after you Badger member is activated.
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021 (12:00 – 1:30 PM) – Meeting ID/Passcode: 833 9891 8191/419208
- Thursday, September 16, 2021 (12:00 – 1:30 PM) – Meeting ID/Passcode: 850 7316 1192/390210
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 (10:00 am – 11:30 AM) – Meeting ID/Passcode: 830 8343 3211/924268
Register for trainings here.
Note: This step may be omitted if users have completed general lab safety training at your respective institutes (any CUNY college or Columbia University only) and are able to provide written proofs from the institutions.
You must finish the above steps and be able to login to Badger with your membership before scheduling individual equipment training with facility staff.
After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for a ID making session. Sessions for the NanoFabrication Facility, Nanoscience Initiative, Imaging Suite and Surface Science Suite are held on Mondays at 11AM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend and have been cleared through CUNY’s compliance check.
ID Card Steps:
- Register for a session here: ID Sign-Up.
- On the day of the badge session, gather at the waiting area near the bottom of the stairs on the ground floor of the ASRC.
- If you are having any ID access issues or need assistance with access, please submit an email to email@example.com.
Note: A $15 one-time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.
Image Facility Training
You must finish all the above user registration steps and are able to login Badger with your account before scheduling training:
****Please contact facility staff for training details during COVID-19 phased opening period.****
- Schedule 120 kV Tecnai Spirit TEM training using the following online sign-up sheet: Sign-Up Sheet
- Schedule with facility staff for individual training: