Equipment Training (Equipment training schedules, tool owners and contacts)
Dashboard (Real time equipment reservations, cancellations and usage)
The Following Policies are in Effect for the Following Tools
- AJA E-beam Evaporator
- AJA Sputter System
- Elionix EBL
- EVG Mask Aligner
- Brewer Photo Spinner
- Brewer Other Spinner
Equipment Reservation Block Policy
Reservations must be made in single blocks of time. Users are NOT allowed to reserve several consecutive smaller blocks to make up a larger block of time. If staff find this happening, the user will be warned and all blocks of time after the first reservation will be deleted. Multiple violations could result in possible suspension.
Equipment Reservation Efficiency Policy
- All users should strive to keep reservation efficiencies as high as possible.
- Each month staff will review the past month’s efficiency report.
- Users under 60% will be sent a warning via email.
- If the following month, the warned user is below 60% again, they will lose access to the tool for 1 week.
- Repeat offenders run the risk of being suspended for longer periods of time.
- Any user whose efficiency is under 30% at the end of the month will be notified and will lose access to the tool for 1 week.
- With notification, the staff reserves the right to apply these rules across any tool set where utilization is not efficient.
Efficiency Policy Notes: Efficiency is calculated by (enabled time) / (reserved time). When a reservation is cancelled at least two hours prior to the reservation time, the cancelled reservation time is not included in the monthly efficiency calculation.
Tool Reservation Limit Policy
- Prime-time in the NanoFab is defined as 8AM-5PM.
- Ebeam_Evap_O8: 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- Sputter_O8: 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- EBL_Elionix:– 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- EBL_Spinner, Other_Spinner, & Photo_Spinner: – 2-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- Mask_Aligner_EVG620: – 2-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- The above restrictions are per user and only during prime-time hours. During off-hours, there are no limits. The limits are implemented in Badger LMS.
Tool Cancellation Notifications
For select heavily used tools, users can sign-up for automated email updates when users either no-show for a reservation within the 15 minute window, cancel reservations or finish using the tool early. Our tool email list is hosted by Groups.io.
To sign-up for email notifications, click the subscribe link, enter your email address and click the confirmation button. When you click the button, Groups.io will send you a confirmation email. To complete registration you must reply to the email. You can always unsubscribe from notifications at any time by following instructions in the emails sent by Groups.io. Creating a free account with Groups.io allows for even more control of your subscriptions, however it is not required.
Subscribe Link: AJA E-Beam Evaporator
Subscribe Link: AJA Sputter Deposition System
Subscribe Link: Oxford PECVD
Subscribe Link: Elionix EBL
Subscribe Link: EVG Mask Aligner
Subscribe Link: Nanoscribe 3D Laser Lithography
Subscribe Link: Oxford Deep Reactive Ion Etcher
Subscribe Link: Oxford Chlorine ICP Etcher
Subscribe Link: Oxford Fluorine ICP Etcher
Subscribe Link: FEI NovaNanoSEM
Subscribe Link: Bruker AFM